Posted by ErinMcCaul
Have you been wanting to come to MozCon but just can’t swing the budget? Want to take a selfie with Roger, meet like-minded friends at our afterparties, and learn from leading industry experts? I’m thrilled to announce that you can do it all by winning a free ticket to join us at MozCon this July!
I’m one of the behind-the-scenes house elves who helps make MozCon happen, and I’m here to tell you everything you need to know about entering to win!
To enter, just submit a unique piece of content telling us why we should send you to MozCon by Sunday May 6th at 5pm PDT. Make sure your entry is both original and creative — the Moz staff will review all submissions and vote on the winner! If you’re chosen, we’ll pick up the tab for your registration and accommodations at the Grand Hyatt. You’ll also have a reserved VIP seat in our front-row, and an invite to mix and mingle at our pre-event MozCon speakers’ dinner!
Without further ado, here’s the scoop:
Step 1: Create!
Create a unique, compelling piece of content telling us why you want to come to MozCon. Past ideas have included:
- Videos (must be one minute or less)
- Blog posts
- Original songs
- Slide decks
- Anything else you can cook up!
Don’t feel limited by these examples. Is this the year we’ll see a Lego Roger stop-motion film, a MozCon-inspired show tune, or Roger-themed sugar cookies? The sky’s the limit, my friends! (But think hard about trying your hand at those cookies.)
Step 2: Submit!
Once you’re ready to throw your hat in the game, tweet us a link @Moz and use the hashtag #MozConVIP by Sunday May 6th at 5pm PDT. Make sure to follow the instructions, and include your name and email address somewhere easily visible within your content. To keep things fair, there will be no exceptions to the rules. We need to be able to contact you if you’re our lucky winner!
- The submission deadline is Sunday May 6th at 5pm PDT.
- Mozzers will vote on all the entries based on the creativity and uniqueness of the content
- We’ll announce the winning entry from @Moz via Twitter on Friday, May 11. You must be able to attend MozCon, July 9–11 2018, in Seattle. Prizes are non-transferable.
- All submissions must adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct
- Content is void where prohibited by law.
- The value of the prize will be reported for tax purposes as required by law; the winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
Our lucky winner will receive:
- A free ticket to MozCon 2018, including optional VIP front-row seating and an invitation to our speakers’ dinner (valued at $1,500+)
- Accommodations with a suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt from July 8–12, 2018 (valued at $1,300+)
Alright, that’s wrap. I can’t wait to see what you folks come up with! Happy creating!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!